CREATE HEALTHY HOLIDAY BEHAVIORS
Create simple and sustainable healthy behaviors during the hectic holiday season through the Moms on the Run Healthy Holiday Challenge.
We’re challenging you to a game — bingo style. Participants receive a card with squares that correlate to different activities. The activities relate to your physical, mental or spiritual health. Check off the square as you complete the activity. You can go in order or skip around, getting as many activities completed as you’re able.
We don’t want to add an extra task to your to-do list in an already busy season, we incorporated quick activities that we hope will be habit-building. We’ll provide the inspiration, the encouragement — and of course the fun!
HOW IT WORKS
GET THE BINGO CARD
- Sign up for free (gift the optional $10 entry fee; ALL proceeds go to our partner charity, Feed My Starving Children.)
- We’ll email you a link to an instant download of our Bingo card.
- Begin checking off activities on Monday, Dec. 11. Go in order or skip around, making sure you cover all of the activities by the 31st.
CHECK OFF ACTIVITIES
Each of the activities listed relate to your physical, mental or spiritual health: rest, nutrition, exercise — and fun! For example:
- Water intake: half of YOUR body weight in ounces. For example: (if you weigh 200 lbs., aim for 100 ounces of water each day)
- 2 fruits each day
- 3 veggies each day
- No sweets for the day!
- 30 minutes of movement a day (any way you’re getting your body moving – walking, cleaning, ice skating, playing with the kiddos, etc.)
- 8 hours of sleep
Every Wednesday during the challenge (13th, 20th, 27th), check-in on our Facebook contest post and comment with your answer to the “question of the week.” We’ll conduct prize drawings weekly among everyone who checks in.
ABOUT OUR CHARITY PARTNER
All proceeds go to Feed My Starving Children. a leading non-profit focused on packing and delivering meals specially formulated for malnourished children around the world. Every 24 cents provides a meal to a child in need — your $10 will provide a meal to 40 kids!