This year’s fun “accountability solution" runs Nov. 27 through Dec. 29. All are welcome to join; Moms on the Run membership not required. A $5 registration fee will go toward our partner charity, Feed My Starving Children, which provides meals for hungry kids around the world. (Watch Nelson's story and see how FMSC is making a difference.) For $5, you will provide a meal to 22 kids!
Two lucky winners will each claim a $100 merchandise package from our online store. We’ll give one to the top scorer and conduct a random drawing of all participants who check in weekly for the other.
NEW: Ice Castles has come forward to sponsor a WEEKLY prize pack: a family four-pack of tickets! Everyone who posts each weekend will be eligible for our random drawing! Please note that if there is not an Ice Castles within 100 miles of your residence we will substitute a prize of equal value.
How Do I Participate?
- Join the challenge any time by signing up here with a $5 entry fee (proceeds will benefit Feed My Starving Children).
- Download our tracking spreadsheet (PDF) or electronic tracking spreadsheet and use it to add your daily points.
- Watch for a post to our National Facebook Page every Friday, Dec. 1 through 29, and comment on the post with your weekly points earned so far, any time that weekend. With your last check-in, post your Grand Total (points earned each weekly check-in, plus any points earned for weight maintenance).
- Watch for fun bonus point opportunities on Facebook throughout the challenge!
How Do I Earn Points?
The following are worth 1 point each unless otherwise indicated:
- Get in 10 minutes of cardio exercise, such as a brisk walk, use of a gym machine, a run, etc (maximum 6 points/day)
- Log 10 minutes of strength training (maximum 6 points/day)
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day
- Go an entire day without sweets (worth 2 points!)
- Drink 8 or more glasses of water per day
- Get 7 or more hours of sleep per night
- BONUS: As of Dec. 29, add 10 points if you maintained your weight*
*If you are underweight or pregnant and it is medically recommended for you to gain weight, you may still earn the 10 bonus points if your weight goes up as it should.
Must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident to register. Children are welcome to participate alongside you for fun!