It’s the time of year when red and green foil wrappers make chocolate consumption mandatory, all in the name of being festive. Workouts become nearly impossible to squeeze in amongst school concerts, dance recitals, travel and family gatherings.
So let’s get REAL and save those weight loss goals for the new year! Instead, earn points for healthy lifestyle activities toward helping you MAINTAIN your weight over the holidays.
Join our supportive community of busy, multi-tasking, trying to hold-it-together women and make this your “accountability solution” over the next five weeks. ALL are welcome to join in the fun (Moms on the Run membership not required).
How Do I Participate?
- Click here to sign up. (You may join at any time) and pay the $1 entry fee. ALL proceeds go to our partner charity, Feed My Starving Children.
- Watch our National Facebook Page for the “contest/event post” on Nov. 23, and click that you’re “in.” Share on your Facebook page and invite friends to join you (optional).
- Request the tracking spreadsheet from your local Moms on the Run franchise owner and use it to add up your points (see “How Do I Earn Points?” below). If you’re not a member or can’t find your local owner, email email@example.com.
- Record your weight by Nov. 30 (for your information only).
- Every Monday starting Dec. 7, check-in on our Facebook contest/event post and comment with weekly points earned (Monday through Sunday) since your previous check-in. Check-in dates are Dec. 7, 14, 21 and 28. We’ll conduct prize drawings weekly among everyone who checks in.
- With your last check-in on Dec. 28, weigh yourself again between Dec. 26-28 and and post your GRAND TOTAL* of points earned (each weekly check-in, plus any points earned for weight maintenance).
We’ll announce the top scorer on Facebook right after the New Year!
How Do I Earn Points?
The following are worth 1 point each:
- Get in 10 minutes of cardio exercise, such as a brisk walk, use of a gym machine, a run, etc (maximum 6 points/day)
- Log 10 minutes of strength training (maximum 6 points/day)
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day
- Go an entire day without sweets
- Drink 8 or more glasses of water per day
- Get 7 or more hours of sleep per night
- BONUS: As of Dec. 28-30, add 10 points if you maintained your weight*
*If you are underweight or pregnant and it is medically recommended for you to gain weight, you may still earn the 10 bonus points if your weight goes up as it should