Is your plate full from juggling work, family and all the “extras” the holiday season brings to our lives? Then “keep it real” with Moms on the Run, where we aim to maintain our weight this time of year, not try to drop the lbs.
Get in on our supportive 2016 Healthy Holiday Challenge, while supporting our partner charity, Feed My Starving Children! This year’s fun “accountability solution" runs Nov. 28 through Dec. 30. All are welcome to join; Moms on the Run membership not required. We're proud to report that together, we donated 3,350 meals to children in need during the 2015 Healthy Holiday Challenge.
You simply earn points for healthy lifestyle activities and track them. Two lucky winners will each claim a $150 merchandise package from our online store. We’ll give one to the top scorer and conduct a random drawing of all participants for the other.
How Do I Participate?
- Join the challenge any time by signing up with an optional $5 donation to Feed My Starving Children, here.
- Download our tracking spreadsheet (PDF) and use it to add your daily points.
- Watch for a post to our National Facebook Page each Friday, Dec. 2 through 30, and comment on the post with your points earned. With your last check-in, weigh yourself again and post your Grand Total (points earned each weekly check-in, plus any points earned for weight maintenance).
How Do I Earn Points?
The following are worth 1 point each:
- Get in 10 minutes of cardio exercise, such as a brisk walk, use of a gym machine, a run, etc (maximum 6 points/day)
- Log 10 minutes of strength training (maximum 6 points/day)
- Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day
- Go an entire day without sweets
- Drink 8 or more glasses of water per day
- Get 7 or more hours of sleep per night
- BONUS: As of Dec. 30, add 10 points if you maintained your weight*
*If you are underweight or pregnant and it is medically recommended for you to gain weight, you may still earn the 10 bonus points if your weight goes up as it should.